096-001 - CD-ROM: Rolling Bearing Troubleshooter's Guide
This unique CD-ROM reference and training guide, offered through TWI Press, provides and in-depth perspective on rolling element bearing faults and troubleshooting. Bearing faults are a primary contributor to rotating equipment failure and plant downtime. This product helps you find the root cause of bearing failure, and implement a solution to prevent reoccurrence.
This CD-ROM contains two useful tools in one economical package. One for diagnosing bearing faults and one to educate in proper installation procedures and applications.
The Bearing Failure Analysis System section is an interactive version of Ray Guyer's well-known, printed bearing fault analysis system. This unit includes an extensive pictorial index, in hierarchical form, of bearing faults and failures. This index leads the user to large scale photographs of the faults and descriptions of associated failure causes and their remedies.
Normal Load Zones
Abnormal Load Zones
Defective Bearing Seat on Shaft
Defective Bearing Seat on Housing
Excessive Thrust Load
The Bearing Life Improvement Course section offers a complete course and resource for understanding the basics of bearing design, application, use, and maintenance.
* How a rolling bearing works.
* What types of materials are used in the manufacture of bearings.
* How rolling bearings are made.
* The specific purpose and application of various types of bearings.
* The importance of seal selection.
* How to determine the proper size of shafts and housings.
* How to measure straight and tapered shafts.
* Proper lubrication of bearings.
* Proper oil and grease selection.
* How to monitor bearings to prevent catastrophic failure.
* How to identify bearing failures and the methods required to prevent future failures.