The courseware, useful in both an instructor-led or self-directed format, includes a textbook with chapters on rolling element bearings and friction bearings, and seventeen, illustrated, hands-on exercises.
- Introduction to rolling element bearing construction and terminology.
- Introduction to rolling element bearing types.
- Introduction to bearing identification systems.
- Introduction to bearing clearances and fits.
- Bearing maintenance pre-checks.
- Cold mounting and removal of radial ball bearings.
- Mounting and dismounting of radial ball bearings with interference fits.
- Installing and dismounting a radial ball bearing with a back-up gear.
- Installing and dismounting angular contact bearings.
- Mounting and dismounting of spherical roller bearings on a tapered shaft.
- Mounting and dismounting of spherical roller bearings on a tapered sleeve.
- Mounting of spherical roller bearings on a withdrawal sleeve.
- Installation of pillow block bearings.
- Installation of externally seated radial ball bearings.
- Installation of cylindrical roller bearings using an arbor press.
- Installation of shaft seals.
- Hydraulic mounting and dismounting of tapered bore bearings (supplemental).
A realistic, heavy-duty device allowing for convenient and consistent training in the identification, installation and removal of a variety of industrial-quality rolling element bearings.
The device provides for two student workstations. Using two of four CNC-machined stub shafts provided, in combination with shaft mounting brackets, training can take place at both ends of the device. A 24in. long, multi-land shaft with two pillow blocks is also provided.
A selection of large diameter spherical roller bearings, radial ball bearings, angular contact bearings, cylindrical roller bearings, a needle bearing and shaft seals are provided. Additionally, “loose” and “interference” fit bearing seating locations are provided.
The device, together with a variety of hands-on exercises, creates a complete performance-based course in the maintenance of industrial bearings.
* Combination wrenches.
* Allen wrench set.
* Use/Exercise Guide
* Industrial Trades Training Manual (IPT).
* Reference book on bearing maintenance (SKF).
DAC assumes no liability for injury resulting in the use or misuse of this product.
In accordance with DAC’s established policy of continuous improvement, these specifications and product descriptions are subject to change without notice. This information is the latest technical information as of the time of viewing or printing.