When you complete this lesson, you will be able to analyze and troubleshoot common gear drive problems. You will be able to explain factors affecting gear backlash and proper gear lubrication.
* Describe gear maintenance troubleshooting techniques.
* Explain factors affecting gear backlash.
* Describe ways to measure and control backlash in gears.
* Explain factors that influence proper lubrication of gear drives.
* Describe various methods of lubricant application to gear drive systems.
* Explain how to properly analyze failures in gear drives.